Connecting your workplace for the "future of work" with Team Learning and technology
Presented by Luis F. Martinez, Esq.
More than ever, organizations need to adapt to survive and eventually thrive. To do so, those of us charged with human capital strategy (read: talent!) are in the difficult position of creating a connected workforce capable of responding to unpredictable challenges.
In any setting that requires multiple disciplines to come together to deliver a product or service, effective collaboration is no longer an option.
It is imperative to not only train and develop the workforce into effective teams, but also shift the attitudes and behaviors to a connected, adaptable unit.
How do we execute this with minimal resources?
Incremental improvement of existing training and development may help, but is unlikely to be enough. Today's businesses are comprised of a variety of generations, roles, expertise and motivation levels. Creating a genuinely connected workplace is more daunting than ever.
This program introduces and practices a unique team learning method to reduce the burden of executing multiple OD goals - by leveraging a single, efficient education and development strategy.
Once understood, members from virtually any industry can:
- Assess existing learning and development opportunities
- Research collaborative learning impact for their workplace strategies
- Connect with technology options to best serve their organizations and clients
Team Learning becomes more than an evidence-based method to educate and develop talent: it becomes a way to drive the behaviors most needed for success.
What you will do at the meeting
- Participate in an active learning workshop - minimal or NO lecturing
- Problem-solve with your colleagues at the event - networking bonus!
- Some members may use technology - smartphone, iPad, MS Surface, laptop - but it is NOT necessary and all accommodations will be made for non-tech users
- Understand changing work dynamics – what it means for employees and leaders
- Identify key obstacles in connecting a workforce for the "future of work"
- Identify key measures organization leaders can take to prepare a workforce for the "future of work"
- Understand the basic tenets of Team Learning and how you can use them to your benefit
- Be able to identify necessary next steps for your organization or clients - including leveraging technology
About Luis F. Martinez, Esq.
Luis F. Martinez is an attorney, technologist and obsessive over "the magic of teams". A former Chief Privacy Officer and later Director of Policies, Education and Training at Jackson Health System, he spent the last couple years adding computer programming and product development to his skill set to be in the best position to innovate.
Mr. Martinez left Jackson Health in 2016 and began building two companies: Unyted.co and StardomUp.com
- Stardom Up is a non-profit, charity company to engage middle school students from traditionally disadvantaged schools into their technology and innovation community (www.StardomUp.com)
- Unyted.co is an Education Technology startup aimed at helping educators in all settings use unique online team learning to engage their audience with deeper learning and building a critical modern skill set (www.Unyted.co)
When not creating technology or helping organizations and schools, Luis F. is a passionate sports fan and player in Miami, FL.